Lash Festival is free to enter and open to all qualified eyelash extension technicians. Entrants do not have to be trained by the host (The Eyelash Emporium) or be using the host’s products. Each registered entrant may submit up to 4 photographs of their own work in categories of their choice to count as their entry in the competition. Entrants can enter as many of the categories as they wish to, however they may only submit one entry per category.
The entrant must own the copyright to any pictures submitted and agree to the pictures being displayed in any media relating to Lash Festival or the promotion of the competition. Each valid entry must be solely created for the Lash Festival competition and should not have been submitted to any other competition.
Pictures will qualify for entry only if they are the sole work of the entrant and have not been unfairly enhanced or edited using image editing software. Out of courtesy to the models, skin smoothing and blemish removal is allowed. Copyright information may be displayed on the image but pictures with lash supplier trade names, offensive or irrelevant content may be excluded at the sole discretion of the organisers. Pictures can only be entered through the Lash Festival website, pictures shared by means of social media or sent by email cannot be included.
The finalists will be decided on by a judging panel. The final will then be decided by a public vote via the Lash Festival website. Public votes will be monitored by the competition hosts and; if suspicious voting patterns are detected, votes will be ruled out. If vote manipulation is detected, the entrant may be excluded from the competition. Votes are limited to one vote per entrant, per I.P. address. The Judges’ decision is final in this matter.
Entry for the first round closes on 11th November 2019 at midnight GMT, the finalists will be announced as soon as possible after 18th December. The final round will consist of 3 entrants picked by the judging panel for each category. Voting in the final will end on 31st January 2019. The results and final ranking will be announced in 2020.
You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
Judging & Screening Process
All images entered in to the competition will be run through a screening process. This is designed to filter out any entries which do not meet the required levels of health and safety and get number of entries down to 15 per category. Screening will be carried out by Elite Eyelash Emporium Educators.
Once the entry deadline has passed and all entries have been screened, all images for the relevant category will be submitted to our judges.
Judges will score each of the 15 entries they receive using the judging criteria.
All judges scores will be added together and the final top 3 will be announced and will be left to a public vote to decide the overall winner. Votes will be submitted online via the website. Winners will be announced at live event at the end of February.
Technical application & safety requirements to look for in the screening process which will be conducted on a one day session include:
- Glue vapour irritation, models presenting with red eyes should not proceed to the final round.
- Redness under the eyes or eye pad irritation should be excluded from the final round.
- Any over use of glue in sets of lashes should be excluded from the finalist round
- Good lash separation is essential to qualify for the finalists round.
- Overweighting of the models natural eyelashes should be excluded
- In the individual category, volume or layering cannot be accepted as individual application.
The top 3 entrants will be selected from each category. These elements should be used to make the final decision:
- Design – The design should stand out from the crowd. Style – The design should suit the eye shape. The curl used should complement the eye shape.
- Structure – You should be able to see that the structure has been carefully thought out. Both eyes should be well balanced and symmetrical. The extensions should present safe and sustainable any extensions causing lashes to droop due to weight/length that is not suitable for the natural lashes.
- Creativity – Have they thought outside the box and done something different? How much do you like this?